ProMasonry Polymeric Sand is a blend of water-stable polymers with precisely graded aggregates that cures into a durable and resilient material.
For paver joints in walkways, driveways, patios, terraces and pool decks.
Available in two colors, gray and beige.
- Helps lock pavers in place.
- Helps prevent erosion/wear of the joints.
- Helps prevent joint damage from ants/insects.
- Helps prevent weed growth in joint areas.
- Will not support biological growth/mold.
Pavers must be set on a proper drainage bed of stone and sand. Refer to Tech Spec #2 from the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute for specifications on draining, compacting and spreading the sub-base and bedding sand.
- Pavers must be compacted. Refer to Tech Spec #2 from the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute for specifications on placing concrete pavers.
- The paver's surface must be completely dry prior to placing the sand.
Pour the Polymeric Sand consistently across the entire area.
- Sweep the product into the joints using a hard-bristled broom.
- Compact with a vibrating plate compactor.
- Repeat the first two steps as necessary to ensure tightly packed joints.
- Sweep off all of the excess material using a fine-bristle broom.
- Blow off any remaining residue using a leaf blower.
- Inspect the joints; the polymeric sand must be level with the bottom of the paver's chamfer.
Wet the area using a fine mist. Fully saturate the joints but do not let the water pond or run in the joint.
- Repeat the first step two more times, allowing 10 - 15 minutes between applications.
- Protect joints from rain for 12 hours to guarantee proper curing.
Do not apply unless substrate and ambient temperature can be maintained at a minimum of 40°F for 24 hours.
Maximum Joint Width:
Yeild Per Bag:
Yield per bag for paver joints:
Narrow joints - (1/4 inch or less) 76 - 99 sq.ft.
Wide joints - (1/4 - 3/4 inches) 26 - 49 sq.ft.
Yields for joints are approximate and can vary based on the shape and size of the paver.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Product is alkaline. Do not ingest. Avoid breathing dust. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Refer to Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for additional information. Keep out of reach of children.
In case of skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. For eye contact, flush immediately with a high volume of water for at least 15 minutes and contact a medical professional. For respiratory problems remove person to fresh air.
Dispose of material in accordance with local, state or federal regulations.
MANUFACTURER'S LIMITED WARRANTY
Conproco Corp. warrants this product for one year from date of installation to be free from manufacturing defects and to meet the technical properties on the current technical data sheet if used as directed within shelf life. User determines suitability of product for use and assumes all risks. Buyer's sole remedy shall be limited to the purchase price or replacement of product exclusive of labor or cost of labor. February 2008 NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED SHALL APPLY INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CONPROCO CORP. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.