Data Sheet | MSDS
ProMasonry Bonding Primer
is a colorless, non-emulsifying,
long open time, water based primer
used to improve adhesion
of new cementitious materials
placed to existing concrete
and masonry surfaces.
Spray, brush or roller apply to existing
surfaces to improve adhesion of stucco,
plastering and cementitious surfaces.
- No mixing, no waste.
- Apply up to 72 hours before placing
- Alkalinity of cement causes material to react.
- Water vapor permeable.
- Once cured will not be affected by water.
- Water based, low odor, non-flammable.
- Spray with low pressure or airless sprayer.
- Less preparation of adjacent areas required.
- Remove loose and deteriorated material,
laitance, dirt, dust, oil and any surface
contaminants that will inhibit proper penetration.
- Follow the specific surface preparation
instruction for the ProMasonry material
to be used.
- Protect adjacent areas from overspray.
ProMasonry Bonding Primer
is a priming treatment.
Stir or shake container.
- Spray, roll, or brush ProMasonry Bonding Primer
in a uniform 5 mils. application.
- For roller applications use a 3/8 - 1/2 inch
synthetic nap roller depending on texture
- For spray applications use a low pressure sprayer.
- The material will dry in approximately 30 minutes
@ 70°F and 50° RH.
- Apply covering material when
ProMasonry Bonding Primer is dry-to-touch.
- Re-apply ProMasonry Bonding Primer
if more than 72 hours passes without placing
No curing is required.
Clean tools and equipment with water.
Physical state and appearance :
Watery - white milky liquid
Volatile organic content - VOC ASTM D3960
Less than 10.0 gms./liter
Density of liquid coatings:
ASTM D1475 8.4 lbs./gal.
Slant shear bond strength ASTM D1042:
30 minute cure prior to applying new concrete 1220 psi
24 hour cure prior to applying new concrete 1750 psi
- 150 - 200 ft.2/gal. depending on
porosity of treated surface.
- Apply a test sample to determine
- 1 and 5 gallon containers.
- 18 months in unopened containers.
- Protect from freezing.
- Transport and store in cool, clean,
dry conditions in unopened containers.
- High temperature will reduce shelf life.
- Do not apply unless substrate and ambient
temperature can be maintained at a minimum
of 40°F for 8 hours. Refer to ACI Cold Weather
- Do not use ProMasonry Bonding Primer
in lieu of proper surface preparation.
Refer to ICRI Surface Preparation Guidelines
for complete information.
- Do not apply to frozen substrates.
- Do not apply to painted surfaces.
- Use caution when spraying in windy circumstances.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Product is alkaline.
- Do not ingest.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Refer to Material Safety Data Sheet
(MSDS) for additional information.
- In case of skin contact,
wash thoroughly with soap and water.
- For eye contact, flush immediately with
a high volume of water for at least 15 minutes
and contact a medical professional.
- For respiratory problems remove person
to fresh air. If respiratory difficulty persists,
contact a medical professional.
Dispose of material in accordance with local, state or federal regulations.
MANUFACTURER'S LIMITED WARRANTY
Conproco Corp. warrants this product for one year from date of installation to be free from manufacturing defects and to meet the technical properties
on the current technical data sheet if used as directed within shelf life. User determines suitability of product for use and assumes all risks.
Buyer’s sole remedy shall be limited to the purchase price or replacement of product exclusive of labor or cost of labor. August 2010
NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED SHALL APPLY INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
CONPROCO CORP. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.